Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 37

It turns out that I have more problems with my shifter than just the cable.  Allen, the mechanic, thinks that when the cable broke a piece of metal became lodged in the shifter.  It just doesn't want to work well. 

Fortunately, Sue (another Big Rider) had some bike parts issues earlier, and as a result, has a spare rear 10-speed shifter.  I borrowed it while Allen works on mine.  Thank you, Sue!

Mike and I have made a regular habit of stopping for breakfast about 9 am.  We usually have 30 or more miles under out belt by then.  Today was a relatively short 70 miler, and we were sore from yesterdays 109 mile ride, so it seemed like a good idea.

It was.  The locals in the Butler Eat'n Haus took great interest in our ride.  When we went to pay for our meal we were told someone picked up the tab.  We have no idea who did it.

We crossed into Ohio today.  Ohio's sign was only better than Indiana's because Indiana didn't have one at all.  I'm pointing at it on the corner of the street sign in the picture.  Stop by my house and I'll show you the full size version--maybe then you can read it.

We've been creative making our own state line signs where there are none.  I especially like the one to the right because it is simple and to the point.

I hope to put a "Not done/Done"  mark on the side of the Washington Monument when we reach DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment