Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 7

Eat, sleep, ride. I'm losing track of the days. I called Callene at work yesterday and left a long, detailed message. About a half-hour later I remembered it was Saturday. Eat, sleep, ride..it seems like it is all we do.

We had a great breakfast this moring at the Sandpoint High School cafeteria and was on the road before 7 am. We rode around Lake Pend Oreille for nearly 10 miles then turned upriver toward. Thompson Falls. It was a beautiful day in the mid-70's and no wind.

The ride was great, winding along the river the entire way and passing through cities of Hope and Clark Fork. There were several up and downs, the total mileage was roughly 88 miles. We covered the trip at an average speed of 14.2 mph.

We lost 2 riders yesterday. Noel, one of my riding buddies, had to return to Seattle to help his wife with an illness. I will miss him. Another woman rider has a muscle strain and had to be picked up near the end of yesterday's ride. She'll ride in the SAG wagon for a couple of days try to resume after the day off in Missoula.

We ride our first century tomorrow. I'm excited but my hiney is not. It supposed to be in the low 90's. I also meet up with Tony and Dana. I'm going to stay in a hotel in Missoula with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment